Windows 10 Bluetooth Sound Output with Sony WH 1000xm4

• Thread starter Thread starter john_11_22
  • Start date Start date
J

john_11_22

I have a new pair of Sony WH 1000xm4 bluetooth headphones that pair and play with my iPhone no problem. With Windows 10, I am able to pair the headphones and they show up as a paired bluetooth device, but then there is no option to select them as the sound output. I am using an MSI g66 stealth laptop. I have the latest version of windows (version 2004).

I have tried all the usual steps (unpairing and re-pairing, updating windows, updating firmware on the headphones, coming back the next day and trying all of those steps again). I have also sought support through windows who has recommended uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, which I have done a few times now without fixing the problem.

Put another way, the central problem is that in the device manager the headphones show up as a bluetooth device, but NOT under 'Audio inputs and outputs' and therefore I am unable to select them as an audio output under windows settings

My hunch is that the windows driver is screwed up. I think I want to try installing a third party driver, but I do not know which driver.

Continue reading...

Back