Windows 10 BSOD after installing Windows 1803

• Thread starter Thread starter MichaelaÖsterlund
  • Start date Start date
M

MichaelaÖsterlund

Hi,

I've been struggling with my computer for about 2 weeks now, and I've run out of ideas on how to fix it.

Two weeks ago I created a Windows Installation USB, formatted my SSD and did a clean install of Windows 10 1803, I ran all the updates, installed my softwares and drivers and I kept getting both blue screens and complete computer freezes, and lately each time I boot the computer I need to do a hard reboot a few times before I get Windows to boot properly.

My computer specs:

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3, Socket-AM3+

Corsair Force series LX SSD 256GB 2.5”

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition
Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz 16GB
Corsair CX 750W PSU

ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ROG Strix

Seagate NAS HDD 2TB SATA3.0

Windows 10 1803, x64

Nothon Antivirus (I read somewhere that freezes can be caused by antivirus)

I am using a Razer mouse and keyboard, I have Razer Synapse 2 installed, for the graphics card I have Nvidia softwares installed. I have updated bios to the latest and installed all the newest chipset drivers from Gigabyte. I have re-installed the keyboard an mouse drivers several times.

I ran Prime95 CPU test for a good 1.5h, I ran Furmark GPU stress test for 10 minute, I ran memtest for about half a day. I've run windows memory check and harddrive test. Non of these found errors or caused the computer to crash.

I've tested turning off fast bootup in Windows, I turn off hardware acceleration in chrome (my preferred browser).

Every day when I turn on the computer it either freezes during bootup, or I get a BSOD, or it boots, then freezes (computer becomes completely unresponsive, and I'm forced to do a hard shutdown). I need 5-10 restarts every day before it manages to boot properly without crashing. Sometimes the freeze happens at the first screen (Gigabyte, DEL: BIOS SETUP etc), sometimes right after this, sometimes at the windows login screen, sometimes after I've logged on.

Some of of blue screen codes:
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

I've installed BlueSceenViewer and Windows Driver Kit in an attempt to study the dump files and I ran Driver Verifier which hinted at the problem being caused by the Razer drivers, but currently it's crashing even if I uninstall Razer.

I did switch the graphics card from Radeon to Nvidia after installing Windows... the only thing I can think of is to start over and do another fresh install and then install all the drivers again.

Thanks for advice.

Continue reading...