Windows 10 BSOD- Cannot enter Safe Mode or RE, Cannot Use Installation Media

• Thread starter Thread starter AlexB19
  • Start date Start date
A

AlexB19

I went home over the weekend and came back to a blue screen loop. No matter what I do, It bluescreens and restarts, until it eventually shuts down. The error codes change a lot. Windows 10 cannot boot at all. It says Automatic Repair is starting then blue screens. I can enter my BIOS menu. I cannot enter safe mode or RE via pressing the power button for 10 seconds 3 times. It doesn't change anything. I got windows installation media on a flash drive as a way to force it in there, but unless I remove my computer's hard drive and ssd, it cannot boot the flash drive media either. When I do remove it, it is able to show the installation screen before blue screening because there's no storage. Same with the ssd being removed and hard drive kept. So the media isn't the issue. I tried removing the storage unit containing windows (the hard drive) but the ssd causes this block as well. Once, it randomly started disk check, and got to stage 3, then didn't process it and buffered until it blue screened, and hasn't done that since. I'm extremely sure it has to do with Windows 10 drivers but I have no clue how I'm supposed to fix it or even reset windows.

A list of error codes that have happened:

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
^said pci.sys is what failed, but it has said other things failed, too
ATTEMPTED TO WRITE ON READONLY MEMORY
MEMORY MANAGEMENT (very rare)
KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION
CRITICAL PROCESS DIED
stop code 0xc0000012a
KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

I would really love to manage to somehow save my data but at this point I'd really just like to not have to buy an entirely new hard drive and windows key. I did nothing to this thing. I was gone and it is attached to a surge protector. My only idea is maybe it tried to auto update??

Continue reading...