Windows 10 BSOD crashes such as "Unexpected Store Exception" or "Critical Process Died" when playing games

• Thread starter Thread starter merpp
  • Start date Start date
M

merpp

Hello,

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 720S-13ARR laptop running Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1198)

Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date - LENOVO 6KCN45WW, 3/26/2020

I had previously updated Windows to 20H2 I think and after that I started getting major BSOD errors and other issues etc. Since I had already run a disk clean up the previous version of windows 10 was gone and I could not directly roll back to the previous version. I then manually reinstalled windows to a previous version which was later automatically updated by Windows to the current 1909 version.

After reinstalling windows most of my crashes and other issues went away but now I have 2 new issues:

1 - BSOD's when gaming such as "Unexpected Store Exception" or "Critical Process Died"

2 - Driver issue preventing me from using my laptops fingerprint scanner, and occasional bluetooth issues

I have tried commands such as SFC /scannow, DISM, CHKDSK and I have tried uninstalling and manually reinstalling my drivers.

I installed NirSoft Driver View tool and exported the following file:

Driver View file

My minidump folder (C:\Windows\Minidump) is currently empty, if my laptop crashes again I will upload my dump files as well.

The crash seems to occur when playing any game, I don't play any resource heavy game, just played Doom 3 and Brawlhalla.

Please let me know if anything specific is required from me or if there is any specific dump file I should find and upload.

I just want to get to the bottom of this so I can fix the underlying issue.

Continue reading...

Back