Windows 10 BSOD Critical Process Died On Boot. Very urgent help needed immediately, please.

• Thread starter Thread starter REDDOOMMER
  • Start date Start date
R

REDDOOMMER

Hello. I've been facing this BSOD error ever since last night. Since then, I've been having this BSOD on boot endlessly without ever booting successfully once. Before this plight, I had done a System Restore that was from about two weeks ago, in order to restore web cache for a website. After that, windows had restarted with no issues. However, some things I noticed is that Chrome wouldn't open no matter how many times I clicked the icon. A windows store application that modified the taskbar didn't start. I also then disabled Antimalware Service Executable(aka Windows Defender) with an application called Defender Control v1.6. I'd like to note that I've had this application for a while on two different computers and haven't faced any issues with it specifically. I then had pressed down on the power button to the computer for about 2-3 seconds, shutting down the computer and turning it on again. That is when I was faced with this Critical Process Died BSOD error and haven't been able to get rid of it ever since.

I've tried several supposed solutions to this issue and so far no avail. Automatic/Startup Repair does absolutely nothing. I can't boot in Safe Mode without being faced with the same BSOD. System File Checker results in "Window Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation". Chkdsk D: /r gets me "The type of the file system is NTFS. Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Chkdsk may run if this volume is dismounted first. ALL OPENED HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WOULD THEN BE INVALID. Would you like to force a dismount on this volume? (Y/N)". This seems very risky and I don't want to cause any more issues to this computer than currently present. I've tried to do a System Restore. It seems that I have three restore points available but I'm unable to use any of them. The Drive "Local Disk (C:)(System)" is uncheckable with the Status of "You must enable system protection on this drive" on the "Confirm disks to restore" part of the program. I tried to use Repair on a bootable USB device and it hasn't helped anything.

Some peculiar things noticed is that while I tried to boot into safe mode(in addition to getting the BSOD error afterward of course) is that I'd get a SMART Disk Error. It's for "Hard Disk 1", which is a Kingston USB that I've replaced weeks ago that caused this very same SMART error(which fixed it) and haven't seen it again until now. It doesn't make any sense that I'm getting an error for a disk that isn't even connected to the computer anymore. When I view Startup Repair logs from Notepad in cmd: "Root Cause found: Startup repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem.". I also noticed within notepad, viewing Devices and drives, that there are two separate drivers named "SYSTEM(C:)" and "Local Disk (D:)". I believe that these two drivers are supposed to be "Windows (C:)" but they seem to be separate drivers now for reason.

It really seems to be hopeless in getting my computer to order. I really want to avoid any option that involves deleting any of my many years of data on this computer. Please help me.

Continue reading...