Windows 10 BSoD During Gaming, Thread Stuck In Device Driver Error

• Thread starter Thread starter DvorakCCCP
  • Start date Start date
D

DvorakCCCP

Hello,

I posted this Q under Devices and Drivers, but I thought also doing it in the Performance category would be useful so, here.

I have recently been experiencing a problem whenever I play a high-performance game from Steam.

Firstly, some of my specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz [4.2GHz Turbo] 6 Cores/ 12 Threads 35MB Cache 65W Processor
  • MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE X570 UD ATX GbE LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 1 M.2 SATA/PCIe
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5 Video Card
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)

Here's what happens: I normally play games on Steam rarely, but games that seem to require more effort from your PC seem to make my PC freak out and give me a BSoD. Whenever I play games like Age of Empires 2, everything is fine. But when I play something like 7 Days to Die or Napoleon Total War, my PC gets loud and then BSoD's me even when I've barely started to play, and sometimes, the display would just shut off, but the game would still be playing in my headphones. When the BSoD occurs, I get the stop code THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_ERROR. Through my own research it apparently means that a process is being looped, but since it can't do anything, it kills the process, therefore ending my game or whatever. This is normally linked to a driver issue.

This has been exceptionally frustrating so I'm asking this community for help. Note: All drivers are as updated as they can be, so I'm not sure drivers are the problem. I've looked through every diagnostic tool and it seems that all the hardware is installed correctly and that nothing is abnormally functioning.

Thanks

Continue reading...

Back