BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD

• Thread starter Thread starter abeltensor
  • Start date Start date
A

abeltensor

I've been on windows 10 for quite a while now (at least 6-10 months). Recently, my computer started having these System Service Exception BSOD while under high loads: playing games, running a virtual box, installing programs etc etc etc. They are infrequent enough that i can browse the internet and play a few games but annoying enough that its causing all kinds of problems when i try to play some of the more graphical and CPU heavy games.

Yesterday i decided to reinstall windows 10 fresh as a result of the system_service_exception BSODs that i was getting figuring that perhaps the problem was undetectable malware or a fragmented registry, but after i was able to reinstall windows i started getting the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD/pointer errors. WhoCrashed shows that its probably a software problem but it doesn't give me any specificity.

I asked this same question on the tom's hardware forums with my DMP files and a guy said that it might be my Razer keyboard drivers which would make some sense considering that I just had to start using this keyboard because my newer one (Razer blackwidow ultimate) suddenly died. I reinstalled the drivers and removed the service in hopes that that would fix things and it stopped the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD (at least to my knowledge) but instead I got a system service error while attempting to play a game. I also ran Memtest86 last night for about 10 hours but there were no errors in my RAM sticks and I tried to run driver verifier but it got hung in a boot loop on my Sata controller driver due to verification problems and nothing that would actually cause these errors.

If anyone has any ideas that might help me i would appreciate it.

My rig:

asustek m5a99fx pro R2.0 + AMD FX 8350

16 gigs DDR3 RAM, 1T HD, Nvidia GTX 770 GPU

Continue reading...

Back