Windows 10 BSOD while gaming: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

• Thread starter Thread starter AstroFox5
  • Start date Start date
A

AstroFox5

Hi all.

So I've build a brand new machine recently who faced a couple of problems (here) but I though the hard part was way behind.

Two days ago I was playing Star Citizen then Gang Beast for almost 2 or 3 hours straight, no problem.

Yesterday I was willing to play Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice but it turned out that the PC crashed completly after let's say 30 min of gaming.
I start again, I succeed to go a bit further, boom, new BSOD.
I went to the event viewer, thought it was due to a software from Gigabyte suite (OC utility or something like that) so I uninstalled it.
And I told myself it may come from the game so I tried with Horizon Zero Dawn: the same crash after 10 to 15 minutes of game, near the begining, when an auto-save appears (the auto-save logo stayed a long time so I'm telling myself this may be linked...).

So... I thought I've done bad things with Windows so I reset factory settings in the BIOS, change just the thing I'm sure of what they'll do (PBO Off, CPPC/Prefrerred Core enabled, SATA hot plug disabled,...) and I go for a new install.
Same test pattern with Hellblade, with just the needed driver (AMD Chipset, Samsung Magician, GeForce Driver): BSOD even quicker, just after the end of the intro.

I'm lost and getting really tired of that. Never had such a difficult build before.

Never had this BSOD in idle, browsing the internet.

I've done check disk on C and Q (my dedicated game drive), nothing.

I checked RAM with the Windows tool, nothing.

SFC scan now said that it saw a few corrupted file and made the changes.

I tried one more time, restart even quicker. Not even a BSOD. Told me I need a bootable drive. Turned completly off the PC.

Here is the set up:
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master (BIOS f31q)
CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
Water cooling: Fractal Design Celsius + 36 Prisma
GPU: RTX 3090 FE
G.Skill Trident Neo 4x16 @3600
RAM: Corsair AX1000
OS drive: SAMSUNG 980 Pro 250 Go
Game drive: SAMSUNG 980 Pro 1To
Data drive: 2X Toshiba 3To 7200 RPM (in mirror using the Windows in the control panel)
Dual monitor set up (1920X1080 @ 144Hz + 3840X2160 @ 144Hz LG 27GN950)

I had HWinfo opened up at the same time to check temp when gaming, the CPU was around 70 and the chipset around 65 degrees celsius.
And I did a screenshot of the event viewer, if this can help: here.

Thanks. A lot...

Continue reading...