Windows 10 Can I copy or transfer text in "Comments" field of each .jpg image to the "Tags" field (For multiple/batch image files)

• Thread starter Thread starter tlacic
  • Start date Start date
T

tlacic

I have thousands of .jpg images that have "various" long descriptions in each image that have been typed into the "Comments" property field using the MS Windows Explorer. Being able to do searches and sorting of that Comments field/column is naturally done in Windows Explorer.

However, any text in the "Comments" field does not cross over into any non-Microsoft platform photo viewer or its own file explorer (ie, Mac, etc.), whereas data in the other fields (Tags, Author, Date Taken, etc.) does. (From what I've gleaned from the internet, I believe the Comments/XPComment field is a Microsoft-independent field for image metadata that isn't supported by other viewers.)

Since the "Tags" field (sometimes showing as a "Keywords" field) DOES cross over into other non-Microsoft platform file and image viewers, how can I (in Windows Explorer) transfer/or copy & paste the data from the Comments field into the Tags field for multiple files. (Doing a CTRL-C and CTRL-V for each file would take forever.)

Note: ExifTool has not provided a remedy for this.

Continue reading...

Back