Windows 10 Can I get Microsoft to replace my laptop due to their technicians' "fixes" following Windows 10 update?

• Thread starter Thread starter Irish99999
  • Start date Start date
I

Irish99999

• HP laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed when purchased. Windows 10 update done March 13, 2020. Computer began shutting down with BSOD.
  • Initially contacted HP which did diagnostic testing of hardware -- no problems. Identified problem as Windows 10 update.
  • Contacted Microsoft. After very long delays, spoke with multiple technicians. None of the fixes worked. BSOD still occur.
  • Contacted online support. Referred to Level 2 technician. Unable to eliminate BSOD.
  • Case referred to Level 3 manager. Plan was to "clean up" PC, uninstall Windows 10 and then install new version of Windows 10. Prior to this I verified that all programs and apps were backed up on cloud. During the repair process, computer shutdown.
  • Today I was told there is compatibility issue between my pc's BIOS and Windows.

I am not a technical person. I called Microsoft for help with the understanding they are the experts and should be able to fix my problem. Today I was told to take the pc to a certified Microsoft repair center. That would be 60 plus miles from my home and we're under "stay in place" order due to COVID-19. Plus the closest center does not have good reviews online.

Does Microsoft ever replace a pc which their technicians (Level 3 -- top of the team) have messed up to the point where the pc cannot be used?

Continue reading...

Back