Windows 10 Can I make the "fn" key on my mac magic keyboard work in Windows 10?

• Thread starter Thread starter OlliverAira
  • Start date Start date
O

OlliverAira

Hi, so I've been using a apple Magic keyboard for my PC (running Windows 10 only btw, I just happen to like Apples keyboard a lot) and got all the keys working using some custom keyboard layout along with SharpKeys for changing Windows key registry around a bit.

Now SharpKeys (nor any other software that Ive tried, including AutoHotKey and some random keyboard testing websites) recieve any input when I hit specifically the fn key (A key in the bottom left on the keyboard that has no standard PC keyboard equivalent).

So Im wondering if anyone here could help me figure a way of assigning one of those un-usused special key inputs (and a way of making Windows listen to this fn key, so I can assign it to something that I can use with softwares on Windows)?

The reason for me asking is that Im using several 3D suites, creative apps and VS Code all of which allow for assigning custom hotkeys/keyboard shortcuts - and having access to the fn key would then help give me more possible keyboard combinations.

Also, to avoid anyone from confusing the fn key with the several Function keys at the top of the keyboard, this is the key Im talking about: View: https://imgur.com/a/ANlcH65
Should probably also mention that Ive gotten all other keys on my keyboard working already, except for that fn key as well as a key for pushing out any CDs that you might normally use with an (older) mac which you can find on the top right of the keyboard (highlighted with blue)

Continue reading...

Back