Windows 7 Can I revert from Windows 10 Home back to Wndows 7 Home ?

• Thread starter Thread starter nickporter4
  • Start date Start date
N

nickporter4

I recently purchased a new HP 15 laptop and within less than a week I have reason to believe it's been compromised via remote access.

Having an immediate need, I went right back into town and purchased another identical HP 15.... or so I thought at the time.

( essentially identical, aesthetically anyway: slightly different processors, memory and HDD's and with a non-removable battery. )

My story and request for assistance begins.

I can't help but feel that I'm taking a gamble here but I'm certain this community houses some of the most brilliant in the industry, so.....

My desktop ( Dell 530 Inspiron running Vista ) has served me well over the years,.

After 3 years or so, it started slowly down, showing the dreaded blue screen, not closing or booting properly and I fell for the "courtesy call from Microsoft Technical Support" and was forced into upgraded it up to Win 7 Home Premium 32bit.

Perfect.

All was well and my machine was back to normal, functioning better than ever and was, for the most part, back under my control.

A few years later when I started noticing it had been compromised I did an upgrade install of a new Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit because I like Windows 7 and at the time I knew of no other way to guarantee ridding it of the "issues" it was having, shy of wiping the HDD and starting over or outright replacing it.

It started showing it's age last year and without thinking ( obviously ) I performed a simple system restore and...presto.....

I really let the dogs out when I did. The "issues" were right back above me, WAY above me but with a calm and courteous vengeance.

They always have been but I can be extremely hard-headed ( and foolish ) at times. Oh, what to do.

I wasn't quite ready to bail on the Dell just yet: I like that machine...far more than then 4 other laptops that were rendered "useless" along the way, considering they were on the same network.

Probably by me simply not knowing what I was really doing and much to proud to admit it....ripped just north of 2 TB's of some really exceptional stuff but so well not worth it.

Which brings me back to the HP's with Windows 10.

A factory reset on the first one was nice: that's a very nice inclusion in the later Windows 8's and Windows 10's.

But me personally: I myself just didn't feel 100% comfortable with that.....considering.

So I picked up another HP 15 and when I started seeing things like the screens between the new Windows 10 laptop and an older desktop start projecting their desktop images back and forth, my only option short of complete machine and device replacement.

Bluetooth and wireless capabilities ( of which I did not install ) on a 9 year old Dell only added to my perplexity.

And now with the latest HP 15 laptop: at tat point a simple factory reset couldn't hurt but the 2nd time it was performed, it's produced something that has wondering if there's hope for Window 7.

Along with the 7 more recent ( and only ) windows updates, it shows as having Windows 7 as well.

How did that get there and how might one go about reverting it back to Windows 7 if that's even possible ??

Thanks in advance, gentleman.

Continue reading...

Back