Windows 7 Can one use 2 PS2 keyboards with Windows 7?

• Thread starter Thread starter Bob Is Interested
  • Start date Start date
B

Bob Is Interested

I love my Microsoft 4000 ergo wired keyboard but the electromagnetic radiation that seems to be emitted by almost all USB keyboards has got me look at using 2 PS2 keyboards basically sawed in half that would be positioned ergonomically. (Yes I know I'd have to deal with the plastic circuit board and fold it underneath.) It would be way better using a 2 piece keyboard as then you would have more variability in the positioning. If only Microsoft would have thought of this. Maybe they did but deemed it too bizarre to be accepted by the marketplace. Another advantage is if you ever need to move around its a lot less unwieldy, especially without that dumb numeric keypad that wastes so much space and causes right handed people to have to move so much more to get to the mouse. No problem if you're left handed! Way better actually.

Anyway, is it possible to somehow use 2 PS2 keyboards? Or if it possible to move the circuitry of this keyboard away from the user? I've taken it apart numerous times to clean it and even tried shielding the circuit board (about 3" square) with aluminum foil (I know the conductivity of aluminum foil makes it likely I'll short out the keyboard but its only 5 volts so I got reckless!) and it didn't have much affect at all.

Any downsides with using a PS2 keyboard other than I can't plug it into a USB hub? Sometimes I have connection problems with USB devices - ocassionally they won't be recognized and after plugging them into a different USB receptacle they work fine. Flakey!

Continue reading...

Back