Windows 10 Can only connect microphone or sound, not both without it switching to terrible audio quality

• Thread starter Thread starter LoflinB
  • Start date Start date
L

LoflinB

So I'm using bluetooth headphones, and whenever I try using a microphone for anything it automatically makes my audio quality wayyy worse. Usually when I try using a microphone, other people in discord can't hear me or if they can hear me then I can't hear them. Recently now its also changed where anytime I go to watch something on Google Chrome, the audio quality goes down to that same level. I've restarted the headphones, restarted the computer, completely removed the headphones from the computer, and more to try and fix this but nothing has worked. I'm not sure if this is part of the problem, but in the sound devices panel, I have two different "playback" options for the same headset, one says "headphones" and the other says "headset earphone". The headphones one has the good sound quality, but anytime I want to use a microphone, so when "headset" is selected in the "recording" tab of the sound devices menu, it won't connect at all unless I use the "headset earphone" option. Please help me with this I don't know what else to do and really need assistance. I'm using a windows 10 computer, and beats stereo wireless 3, but the problem seems consistent across different headphones too. :( Any help would be greatly appreciated

Continue reading...