Windows 10 Can you factory reset a corrupt system computer?

• Thread starter Thread starter KarishmaConsul
  • Start date Start date
K

KarishmaConsul

Hi,

I have been having quite a lot of trouble with my Acer Windows 10 computer.

I really need help, at this point, I'm just considering just "throwing out" the computer and discontinue using it, because its too frustrating to use. So I guess asking on this forum is kinda my last hope haha so to speak.

So for about 1-2 months now, when I'm working on it, I don't know if I have too many desktops, windows, or tabs open, but about 3 times a day, it suddently freezes for about a minute then abruptly "shuts down" and shows a blue screen that the computer is restarting. This may not seem like a huge problem, but its quite annoying because it causes me to have to reopen all my windows and tabs and whatever repeatedly so I can get back to work.

As I said before, I took it to get it looked at, and the people there said that Windows itself was corrupt and was installed wrong, and so they reset the computer but still kept my files backed up. After that, it was fine for a couple days but then reverted back to doing the same thing (freezing then restarting again). I've gone to get it looked at about 3 times now, but nothing has made a difference.

Just yesterday, the computer froze then restarted itself 3 times in the span of just 10 minutes, which was extremely frustrating, then later that day, I reset my computer completely back to its default settings and everything but still keeping my files backed up. I thought this would fix the problem, as I thought any corruption would go away once it was reset, but that was not the case.

And now today, when I signed in, it just showed a completely black screen, no mouse, no taskbar, nothing, except for the grey trash can at the top left corner. It showed that for about 30 seconds then the entire screen went black. I then just pressed the spacebar to see if it was on, and the keyboard lights lit up, but the screen still remained black. Now nothing is happening, my computer is on, but the screen is all black with just the keyboard lights on.

Sorry for this whole essay,

I just don't know what else to do.

Please I would really really appreciate any help.

Karishma

Continue reading...