Windows 10 Cannot delete a file - No longer located in F:\

• Thread starter Thread starter GauravKumar_701
  • Start date Start date
G

GauravKumar_701

Hi all,

Around five years ago, I downloaded this movie called 'Two Night Stand' and along with it were some subtitle files or something else, I don't even remember anymore. Anyway, I still haven't been able to delete the file because a popup comes up 'This is no longer located in F:\. Verify the item's location and try again'.

The file cannot be renamed, or moved. Even though it doesn't do anything or even take up space, it is just an eye sore for someone who likes to be organized.

There were two files and today, I was able to delete one of them by right clicking on it, clicking 'add to archive' and selecting the 'delete file before archive' checkbox, and then deleting the winrar file. I can't seem to do the same thing with the second file because a popup says 'The system cannot find the file specified'.

Other methods on the internet allowed me to use the command prompt. Using the cd /d command and then accessing the directory displays the file as '711,224 TWONIG~1 Two Night Stand 2014 1080p WEB DL DD5 1 H264 RARBG.exe.'.

• I tried using rmdir /q /s 711, 224 TWONIG ~1 but it says 'The system cannot find the file specified. The directory name is invalid.'
  • I tried using rmdir /q /s TWONIG ~1 but it says 'The directory name is invalid.'

I also tried shift + right clicking in the drive and going into Powershell window and typing 'del Two Night Stand 2014 1080p WEB DL DD5 1 H264 RARBG.exe.' but that didn't work. Then I did the same thing but adding the name of the file in inverted commas del "Two Night Stand 2014 1080p WEB DL DD5 1 H264 RARBG.exe." but that didn't work either because it said

Cannot find path 'F:\Two Night Stand 2014 1080p WEB DL DD5 1 H264 RARBG.exe.' because it does not exist.

At line:1 char:1

+ del "Two Night Stand 2014 1080p WEB DL DD5 1 H264 RARBG.exe."

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (F:\Two Night St...H264 RARBG.exe.:String) [Remove-Item], ItemNotFoundEx

ception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.RemoveItemCommand

Please tell me how can I delete this file. I absolutely hate it sitting there in the drive I use the post and looking at it everyday. I really need a win.

Help me out!

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back