Windows 10 Cannot (re) add my JBL Flip 5 to my Windows 10 laptop

• Thread starter Thread starter Ann Scharpf
  • Start date Start date
A

Ann Scharpf

So, last week my JBL Flip 5 worked fine with my laptop. Then I did something that is making the two unable to pair again. Here is the sequence of events.

1. Was using JBL Flip 5 just fine with my laptop for Zoom meetings. However, had purchased Flip 5 for shower upstairs and was now keeping Flip 5 downstairs for meetings.

2. Came across my old JBL Flip 3 and thought, well I'll use that with laptop and move Flip 5 back upstairs.

3. Tried to add Flip 3 to laptop. It would not pair. My laptop could see the Flip 3 and I would select it to add. I got the message "Connecting ..." but the connection never would complete. Eventually, I get the message, "Try connecting your device again." I thought maybe problem was that only one of these devices could pair to the laptop, so I removed the Flip 5 from the laptop. (Bad decision!!)

4. Flip 3 still would not pair. I could see it as an available device and could click to select it but the process never completes and Now I thought was maybe because of old software/drivers etc for Flip 3.

5. Now I am trying to re-add the Flip 5 to the laptop and the Bluetooth connection process is displaying the exact same symptoms as when I tried to connect the Flip 3. I get the message "Connecting ..." but the connection never completes. Eventually, I get the message, "Try connecting your device again."

"Solutions" I have already tried:

• When I check my Windows updates, the system says I have all the current updates.
  • I have tried rebooting. (Both the laptop and the speaker.)
  • Looked at Bluetooth hardware options and all devices have a status of "This device is working properly."

I don't know what else to check but the speakers on my laptop are really **** and I would love to reconnect my JBL Flip 5, which was working perfectly last week. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Continue reading...

Back