Windows 10 Can't Access Streaming Sites (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+)

• Thread starter Thread starter MarcusJKX
  • Start date Start date
M

MarcusJKX

I've got a bit of weird problem that only started happening recently. When connected to my modem via ethernet, I cannot access the Netflix website through my browser (Edge), nor Amazon Prime or Disney+. The Prime Video and Netflix apps from the Windows Store also do not work. This is only a problem on my computer, I can use these services on my other devices connected to the same network without any issues.

I tried unplugging the ethernet cable and connecting to my phone's hotspot and I was immediately able to access these services again. I've also tried disabling my firewall but the problem persisted.

When I tried to troubleshoot the issue, I got this:

Issues found

The remote device or resource won't accept the connection

The device or resource (www.netflix.com) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)".

Every other website works, including YouTube and I can do everything else, only these streaming websites appear to be affected. And it's not just these three. I've also tried sites that I have no membership with like Stan and the same thing happens. Binge appears to be working though. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Continue reading...

Back