Windows 10 Can't change primary alias on Microsoft account

• Thread starter Thread starter Takalot79
  • Start date Start date
T

Takalot79

I think this is the wrong Category and Topic, but I can't find the one that fits my needs.

I've had a problem with my Microsoft account for years in which I can't change my primary alias. It's a personal Microsoft account that I am in charge of and am the sole user of. It's not managed by my employer and I'm over 18 years of age. The account was made though, on an Xbox Live family plan back when I played Xbox 360.

After I started using windows more, we separated my account from the family plan, but I was never able to change my primary alias. I want to be able to change my primary alias to my personal email that I use for everything else, and I want to be able to remove the Microsoft email that I don't even know how to access from my account.

I can't figure out how to do this, but it's come to a point where it's really important to me.

I would just delete my Microsoft account and start from scratch, but I have made numerous purchases on this account, not only for Xbox 360, but for Windows 10. I don't want to lose all of that just for the sake of this email.

If anyone has any information regarding how this could be fixed, I'd really appreciate it.

Continue reading...

Back