Windows 10 Can't download apps from microsoft store (and all of the problems that snowballed into)

• Thread starter Thread starter JeffRogers99
  • Start date Start date
J

JeffRogers99

It all started when I decided to boot up Sea of Thieves. I started the game, loaded into the menu just fine, then closed the app. Then when i went to start it again, it would crash before loading any intros, every, single, time. I didn't think I had the game installed in the first place, which I don't, so this threw me off. Well this turned into me not being able to download ANY app from the microsoft store. I just get told that there was an issue downloading and that "we'll try again later" several times before it finally gives up and just gives me an error code which I no longer have access to because get this, after trying every known solution in the internet and completely resetting the store, now the sign in button in the top left corner does absolutely nothing! Truly amazing right? So I am no longer able to sign into the store app. Well, the internet suggests that this is because of an update error. So i go to try and update windows 10, and now there is an (apparently) unknown reason as to why it can't update. So to fix THIS issue, the internet suggests replacing a registry, but I can't do that because, hold on it gets better, now wuauserv no longer exists in regedit for some reason. I would assume this has been the case for a while since the whole windows not being able to update thing has been an issue for a few months now.

So, as you can hopefully see, my computer is beyond screwed, no solution has changed anything at all (yes even the one you're about to copy/paste into your reply), and now the microsoft store itself is preventing me from fixing anything. One problem is caused by another problem, and that problem can't be fixed because the solutions to fix that problem don't work either, and so on.

I've submitted feedback about the initial download error code via the store and supplied screenshots, but that isn't even the main problem anymore. At this point the only solution I can see is a complete and total reinstall of a new copy of windows. Which at this point I would be happy to do if there's no feasible way to fix my problem. I would lose a lot of work, files, and settings I suppose, but man, I just want to play Sea of Thieves with my buds.

Continue reading...

Back