Windows 10 Can't install any store apps/games

• Thread starter Thread starter SailorJerrys
  • Start date Start date
S

SailorJerrys

I changed the ownership of some WindowsApps folders on my hard drives so that I could find out what was in them before I deleted the folders, and now I can't seem to install any apps on the store. Not sure if that's related to my problem or if it's totally fine.

I've reset the store, cleared the cache, one or two other things to no avail. Also remade the folder and changed the ownership back to TrustedInstaller but no luck still.

Is there a way to return the registry for those folders back to default, or to force windows to recreate the registries?

I don't really want to have to refresh or reset my windows install, everythings working totally fine and in previous experiences, refreshing and resetting windows caused more problems than it fixed. Not to mention I'd have to reinstall everything and I've done that already three or four times this year, it's lost it's luster by this point...

Would appreciate any help in this manner, I'm pretty experienced with powershell and most things related to fiddling around with Windows installs, so I can handle some more advanced repairs if required, even.

Cheers folks,

PS: Not in a rush here, would like to play Forza and Sea of Thieves again eventually, but I have no plans to jump on them right now anyways.

Continue reading...

Back