Windows 10 Can't Install Windows 10 After Format

• Thread starter Thread starter BennaBacka
  • Start date Start date
B

BennaBacka

I had some issues which caused me to format my hard drive on the only windows computer I have. Before doing so, I thought I did the right thing by downloading the ISO file and burning it on a DVD and Portable HD from Windows.com - I later learned from calling Microsoft that you can't boot from a portable HD.

Anyway when I turn my computer on it instantly tells me there is no operating system, to try to disconnect any devices, and ctrl/alt/del to restart. Only things that work are F2 or F12.

When I insert the DVD and boot from it, the windows logo comes up for a couple of minutes - black screen with 4 blue tiles. The white dots circle for about another minute. Then it asks me my language, and then asks if I want to Troubleshoot or turn off my PC.

The options I have are System Restore - which it doesn't find any for obvious reasons, Command Prompt, Start Up Settings, Start Up Repair and System Image Recovery. I've tried all options, and though the System Image Recovery would be the one -- I go through the DVD Disk and I have tried a bunch of files but they don't work.

Do I have to mount the disc or something? I just see all the files but I don't just see one big ISO file if that's what I should be finding. I only have that on the portable HD but as I explained it doesn't accept this.

Besides going out and spending money on a 5GB USB Key what else can I do? Only other computer I have is a mac nd microsoft told me on chat I cannot burn an ISO from it.

Continue reading...

Back