Windows 10 Can't seem to uninstall/install app (Epicgames), Adobe Premiere Pro, & a few more other apps. Main focus is EpicGames

• Thread starter Thread starter LamJam20
  • Start date Start date
L

LamJam20

I have a situation that I initially reached out to the software owner who directed me to Microsoft.

Rocket League and Fortnite were previously downloaded to my computer. I bought a new drive (needed more space) and proceeded to transfer my games from the old harddrive to the new one. All games transferred but Epic Games. So I thought, save the trouble and just uninstall and reinstall them on the new drive.

Well, when I went to uninstall it gave me this error message (Cannot install Epic Game Launcher due to error "The folder path 'Epic Games' contains an invalid character).

I've tried to uninstall the normal way, through powershell, and through cmd and nothing let's me uninstall the game nor be able to locate any of the file's folder to use the uninstall file. When I go to c:/windows/programsfiles, there aren't any EPIC folders. When i try to redownload the software from Epic (.msi file), I immediately get this message when opening up their installer application "The folder path "Epic Games" contains an invalid character."

I've also realized that a few other apps won't delete off the computer even after it shows deleted from the programs and features window. I also restarted multiple times and the files reappear back in the programs and feature window. I've also tried to delete in safe mode and it doesn't let me

I type the above error messages in google and was encouraged to download Restoro which I have and it did not fix anything, although I paid and their website and multiple others said it would fix the above. So i'm at a loss. I don't mind factory reset my computer, I just hate having to reinstall alllll these freaking apps.

Continue reading...

Back