Windows 10 Can't update my PC to windows 10 pro 1903 build

• Thread starter Thread starter Pettore84
  • Start date Start date
P

Pettore84

Hi,

a long story.

I'm running windows 1809 build and before i used 1803 and they work very fine. When 1903 build came out i tried to update but here comes the issue. When i try to install ANY (old, latest, game ready, studio, downloaded by nVIDIA site, downloaded by manufacturer Zotac site,....) my screen turns black: PC keeps on working beacuse you can hear the sounds if you leave something open in background.

Problem occurs during the driver installation (as you can see in the video i will link): at this point i have to reboot and after that, when i get into desktop i have few seconds until screen turns black again giving message no signal: if i try to uninstall drivers with DDU in safe mode PC starts working fine again. If i run windows update it installs driver 23.21 13.8813 and i get no black screen, but this driver is so outdated (it shows 27/10/2017) and i wish be able to use nVidia drivers.

Here's a link VIDEO about the whole fact (my windows is in italian language): it starts showing the drivers installed by windows update and the try to install nVidia driver, at minute 4.50 you can see the screen turning off but the sounds in background keep on working, as the OS i think.

What i tried:

• Clean installations of windows downloaded by mediacreation tool in my PC using different USB devices, installing both in SSD and in M.2 drive
  • Updating from 1809 to 1903 by windows update
  • Both installing video driver immediately after OS clean installation and installing video driver after ALL windows update.
  • Tried to install video driver leaving PC offline during the whole OS installation
  • Tried lot of driver versions, doing a clean driver installation, installing just the drivers, drivers + physx, all the package, nothing changes
  • Tried to make 1903 build working since first release more than 7 months ago and my last try was 3 days ago but always get the same problem (everytime i download the current version by mediacreation tool)
  • Tried to ask for support both nVidia and Zotac and tried their advices but it didn't fix the problem
  • Waited for many hours hoping the video signal come back but nothing happened

I want to emphasize that my PC works fine running 1809 (or previous) build: no BSOD, no black screen, no significant error in event viewer, my temps are good, my case is well ventilated, etc.

Here's my whole configuration:

-H370 Aorus Gaming 3 wifi (latest BIOS F13)

-Intel core i5 8600k

-32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport PC4-19200

-Cooler Noctua NH-U12S (dual NF-F12 fans)

-GPU GTX 1050 Ti Zotac ZT-P10510A-10L (drivers updated)

-SSD Crucial MX500 250 GB

-HD Western Digital Blue 2TB

-HD Western Digital Red 3TB

-M2 SSD XPG SX2800 pro 512GB

-PSU Seasonic focus+ gold 650

-case: cooler master N300

-fans: NF-A14 front intake, 2xNF-S12A noctua back and top exhaust

-Win 10 pro 1809

Thank you very much

Continue reading...

Back