Windows 10 Certain characters in Georgia font suddenly not displaying

• Thread starter Thread starter Georgia on My Mind (But Not My Screen)
  • Start date Start date
G

Georgia on My Mind (But Not My Screen)

I have not been able to find any information on anyone else experiencing this, but I hope someone can help. For about six months, the Georgia font has stopped displaying certain characters on my computer. This happens everywhere. Gmail, Word, Chrome, Photoshop... Georgia also happens to be the font of our company logo, so I receive a lot of emails in this font, and when I see a lot of blanks where it looks like important numbers might be, I need to copy and paste the email into a different font to read it. I If an article on a website is posted in Georgia font, the same thing happens.

Today I opened Word and typed out every keyboard character to help identify which ones are missing. I'm sure there are certain special symbols that won't work also, but I wasn't going to go crazy. I changed it into many different fonts, and I haven't come across any others this is happening with or any that are having any problems at all besides Georgia. Even the different versions of Georgia font that aren't the standard one (Georgia Pro Cond, etc.) show up fine.

These are the characters that don't display:

56789AB@=;:<>?

So if I were to come across this sentence in Georgia font online, in an email, in a Word document, etc.:

"Was Alice B. Davis paid $38.91 in 1979?"

it would show up as

"Was lice . Davis paid $3 . 1 in 1 "

The computer has updated multiple times since this started happening, so it's not an issue of being overdue for an update. I was going to try to uninstall Georgia and reinstall it, but Windows does not let you do that with their standard fonts.

Continue reading...

Back