Windows 10 Certain Programs Will Not Install (MSVCR100.dll)

• Thread starter Thread starter Logics2996
  • Start date Start date
L

Logics2996

i am having this issue where i can not install certain apps, programmes or .exe files on my computer.

i get this message when i try and install.

a box pops up saying

"System Error"

"The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program or disabling Antivirus/Windows Defender software to fix this problem"

I have disabled every single feature in windows defender and windows security, i have uninstalled and reinstalled vcredist_x64 and vcredist_x86. i have also gone into developer settings and enabled "Install apps from any source, including loose files." the only thing i have not done that has been suggested is to download and replace my MSVCR100.dll file from another computer as i do not have another windows computer to do this with.i have restored from multiple restore point and the same issue persists on all of my restore points. my windows is up to date, all my drivers are up to date and my BIOS is up to date also.

i have had this issue since i got my PC and i have troubleshooted for months to try and fix the issue, i have even done a fresh install of windows 10 and also disabled all security in BIOS. i am now at a dead end and don't know what else to do.

with other programs i have had to install the older versions because this is preventing me having the up to date versions of some programs. i have even contacted microsoft support and had an agent take over my PC and we was trying for 6 hours to fix it and still couldn't get it working or prevent this message from popping up.

Please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Continue reading...

Back