Windows 10 "Choose an option" blue screen at Windows 10 startup

• Thread starter Thread starter jseol
  • Start date Start date
J

jseol

Hi all,

I have been struggling with this problem for quite a while and am out of potential solutions. Whenever I boot my Windows 10 (Home, Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041), I run into the below blue screen:

If I press Continue, my desktop just restarts and I boot back into the same exact screen. So what I have been doing is Turn off my PC, then load into Boot Menu (by pressing F11 at computer start up), and manually selecting my SSD which is my boot drive and then my desktop boots completely fine and works exactly as expected.

However, if I don't manually select my SSD as my boot drive, then I run into the blue screen. This started happening randomly one day and I haven't been able to figure it out in weeks.

Steps I have taken to try and solve this issue:

1. Run the following commands in command prompt from this link:

Bootrec /fixmbr

Bootrec /fixboot (This one led to a Access denied error. Unsure why since I am the only account as an administrator)

Bootrec /scanos

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

2. Confirm that my C:/ drive, my SSD and not my HDD, is the boot drive

3. Update Windows to the latest version

4. Create an ISO of Windows 10 and perform Startup Repair

5. Reinstall Windows 10 but keep my files and apps

Even after all those steps, I still run into the blue screen at startup and I have to manually select my SSD's Boot Manager to get to my Windows login screen. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Continue reading...

Back