Windows 10 Chrome's processes are now in the Apps section of TM & it made my PC lag a lot.

• Thread starter Thread starter ClarenceM1
  • Start date Start date
C

ClarenceM1

My laptop: Windows 10/ winver 1803

My Chrome's processes are now in the Apps section instead of the background process section of Task Manager (TM) and it made my laptop lags badly and heats up fast.

I have been playing using this PC for a long time, and when I play this game (Warframe), I always have my browser (which always has 30+ tabs open, for work stuff) and a torrent client app.

Usually, I only play 1 hour-ish, and then I close the game to rest. But last night, since there's a new expansion in the game (and it's a very CPU-heavy expansion), I play for 2 hours+. For the last minutes I played, the game was very lagging. That's why I thought "okay, I've been playing for too long, probably I have to restart my laptop to empty the RAM). I closed the game, but the window wouldn't disappear, so I opened Task manager, which was a pain because it wasn't responding too. I deleted the game process from the Task manager, closed my torrent client (without using TM), and when I switched to Chrome window, it was really lagging even though the game & torrent client were already closed. But I managed to close it.

And when I tried to shut down, it turned out it was "update and shut down", I was like okay, since I wanted to have dinner anyway, so I left my laptop.

Half an hour later, it was off. The startup was very slow (which wasn't usual). Opening Chrome would make the laptop lag very bad, opening a new tab takes 5 minutes+. I didn't even open my game & torrent client. I thought, oh maybe 30 minutes rest is not enough, so I shut it down and went to bed.
This morning, while I could start the laptop fast as usual, the Steam "updating steam bar" took forever that I even clicked cancel. Then I opened Chrome, which was also fast. But when I opened the game startup menu (not even the game yet), my laptop was loud as bleep, the loudest it's ever been.

But in Task Manager, I do realize that something is different with Chrome in Task Manager.
Usually, it only has one Google Chrome in the apps section and lots of Google Chrome in the background process section. But now it has Google Chrome (52) in the apps section
XAqSqgu.png

with lots of Google Chromes when I expanded it:
Faq8DNv.png

and none in the "Background process" section. Does all of this happen because it used to not open all of them at once? I do realize that all of my tabs are "active", usually I have to click on that tab (especially older tabs that I haven't clicked at all) to reload & get the page.
Usually, it's like this.
win10-task-manager-app-detailed.png

Image not mine.

How do I fix this? How do I make Chrome send all those processes & pages to background process again? I've turned off Superfetch, even though I was doing fine with it being on before. Oh and is this normal? 130 mb for Windows Defender?
ytLDSbf.png

My problem is similar to his Google Groups but too bad there wasn't any solution.

Continue reading...