CLICKED ON LINK IN SUSPICIOUS E MAIL BY MISTAKE!

• Thread starter Thread starter dimmysmith
  • Start date Start date
D

dimmysmith

Hi!

Some advice needed please. I received a suspicious e mail in my AOL spam folder and stupidly clicked on the link. It said something like A.....(my girlfriend name)) wants to share something with you and the word STREAM was in the link address.`s I clicked on it because it said it came from my girlfriend and actually gave her name BUT the sender e mail address was NOT her e mail address...although it came from another AOL e mail address. When I clicked on the link it took me to another page but it said ("PAGE NOT FOUND")...although the british telecom logo was shown .. I closed the page and received NO warning from My NORTON 360 about any threats or attacks. I have run a Norton 360 full scan and a malware bytes scan..NO threats were found..just the usual tracking cookies which were deleted. My laptop is behaving normally. PLEASE let me know if my laptop is likely to have malware or spyware on it? .ALSO my main question is does NORTON 360 protect against malware. phishing and virus`s in E MAIL LINKS in the same way as when your browsing the web? In other words if the link was dodgy and contained spyware etc....would I have got a warning from NORTON 360 on screen ..,which I did not get when I clicked on the link. I have changed my e mail password and my girlfriend has too. .. I ran Malwarebytes free scan 3 times in total. The first 2 scans revealed "no threats" BUT ....the 3rd scan with malwarebytes revealed a TROJAN MALWARE in my user/app/data.cache...which I quarantined and deleted immediately. I can`t understand why Malwarebytes didn't detect this Trojan in the first 2 scans?. Do you think this Trojan is a coincidence or is it something to do with the dodgy link I clicked on?. I have since run a Norton full system scan again AND Norton Power Eraser and no threats were found. If the Trojan was to do with the link and I have got rid of it is it to late and someone would now have my sensitive information? Any advice greatly appreciated..thanks!..D.

Continue reading...