Windows 10 Computer BSODs before login screen, BSODs on automatic repair, and can't access advanced startup options or BIOS

• Thread starter Thread starter Eliott Barden
  • Start date Start date
E

Eliott Barden

After installing the most recent windows update, I started my computer which crashed with a BSOD after a few minutes with the error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. After troubleshooting for hours, I am unable to access BIOS or advanced startup options and any time the computer goes into automatic repair, it crashes. The startup page instructs me to press DEL for BIOS and F12 for the boot menu, but neither work and neither do other common keys. I have installation media on a USB, but I am not able to boot from the USB to repair windows as I can't access the BIOS or options to do so. I've tried restarting it countless times, unplugging it from the wall and retrying, unplugging all extraneous devices to check for a hardware issue, and even letting it sit for a few hours on the crash screen. The BSOD that I get from every crash is stuck at 100% collection complete, but will never restart automatically. All advice that I could find pointed to repairing or reinstalling windows from a USB drive as a final answer, but without the ability to boot from my drive I can't do that. I'm at a loss for what to do and really need some help.

Continue reading...

Back