Windows 10 Computer does not completely wake up when a Task Scheduler event is initiated - (To Turn On the iTunes Win 10 App to wake me up in the morning).

• Thread starter Thread starter TerryABuchanan
  • Start date Start date
T

TerryABuchanan

I set up an event in Task Scheduler that works fine as long as the computer is awake. However, that same scheduled event does not work correctly when the computer is in sleep mode.

If the computer is in sleep mode before the event is scheduled to occur, at the specified time for the event to run the computer will only half-way wake-up by itself - with the keyboard lights coming on. However, it remains in that "limbo state" until I press ANY key, wherein it will completely wake and the task has already been running. Otherwise, if I do not press any key the computer it will not completely awake.

Further note: After pressing any key to complete the wake up process, the task that is scheduled to run has already been running since the keyboard lit up in that "limbo mode". However, no sound can be heard from the computer in that limbo mode, and the display also is black/blank in that "limbo mode".

The task works fine once the computer is awake or if I initiate it run the task while the computer is awake. However, given the scheduled event is intended to be an alarm to wake me up, it is not useful to wake myself up first to hit a key to completely wake my computer up from sleep to complete the task!

I enabled the "Allow Wake Timers" in the power options.

I also turned OFF the Lock Screen too. So when I hit any key, it immediately goes into the session without the requirement of a password.

Also, during the testing process it does occasionally work, but I have no idea why or how as I didn't change anything in between times it worked and didn't work. It was just random and rare that it will completely wake up and run iTunes. Which again, works fine as long as the computer is awake already.

Continue reading...

Back