Windows 10 Computer drops frames/runs worse after trying to solve another issue

• Thread starter Thread starter Lunre
  • Start date Start date
L

Lunre

I had an old issue where my computer would randomly skip frames because of some unknown reason, so I started to look around until I found one reddit post going over the problem.

Link to the Reddit Post

(Extra link just in case it doesn't work: View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ihwi7w/event_viewer_spam_causing_pc_stutter_events_5379/
)

There was one person that commented a specific set of commands that could solve the problem, so I followed it.
"Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc/scannow
Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase
net start w32time
w32tm/resync
chkdsk /f /r
press y
than reboot and let scan can take some time than report back good luck"

What happened instead, is now my computer runs slower, and whenever I'm playing a game and shake my mouse or move it a bit too fast, I drop down to 30 fps. This hadn't happened before, since I did the exact same thing before I put in the commands and restarted my computer a few hours ago. The problem also goes to other stuff like Chrome and my other apps. Chrome takes a lot longer to open, close and load tabs, and some apps take forever to open. There also seems to be a delay in all of my commands, such as switching windows taking half-a-second longer, though this may just be me. The only idea that I have is that it has something to do with w32tm, but I'm not too sure, since I'm not too smart when it comes to stuff like this. I searched a whole lot about it but I couldn't find anything.
I know this is a pretty idiotic mistake on my end, but I really don't want to go as far as to get a new computer or do a hard reset/restore because I just wanted to fix a few frame skips. I just want a way to undo everything that I've done, but if a reset or restore is the only way to fix it then I'm fine with that. I'm just here to find out if there's another way to undo what I did.

(I posted this on reddit, but I want more than one place to find answers on this)

Continue reading...

Back