Windows 10 Computer extremly slow even after clean hard drive clean windows 10 install

• Thread starter Thread starter RM628
  • Start date Start date
R

RM628

I noticed my computer running slower than usual so I decide to do a clean install of windows 10 from a USB boot. Once I booted onto the USB install prior to starting install I did a disk clean with diskpart so a completely clean hard drive installing latest version of Windows 10

I strongly feel it is the most current windows update that messed up my computer. I cannot go back to the old version as mentioned I did a clean install from usb boot and wiped my hd prior to installing.

I'm running a Dell inspiron 15 3585. I use the laptop monitor and have two monitor outputs one with HDMI and other with a USB adapter. I have never had any issues running 3 monitors at once and everything was very fast. Now everything lags. My usage is not heavy, I run chrome browser with youtube in the background listening to music or a vid playing. There are couple more chrome windows running webpages. Then I have firefox browser on with my outlook emails. I will have Libreoffice running with some spreadsheet work, Thats pretty much it. It would run very smoothly in the past but now Its slow to load a webpage and its even slow to open file explorer and for it to open a folder. With the ram upgrade and cpu and graphics I can handle what I do with the computer just fine. I ran userbenchmark and it is way below average, at 0%. I have task manager open and under Performance tab everthing is running in low %

CPU 10-20%

Memory 20%

Disk 3%

WIFI good

GPU 24% 90 degrees C

Dell inspiron 15 3585

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.00 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (29.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Hard drive western digital SSD NVMe 250 gb about 80% free space

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2