Windows 10 Computer freezing and crashing randomly. (Updated)

• Thread starter Thread starter MysteryMaster
  • Start date Start date
M

MysteryMaster

This is an updated version of a question i asked a while ago. Here is the original question:

"So recently i ran into an issue with admin permissions on my computer.

Thanks to the community, i managed to get it fixed. Can't install anything/give permissions to anything

However it seems an unfortunate side-effect of it is that my computer now randomly crashes.

I'll be doing something completely normal, when all audio will stop, the screen will freeze, and my keyboard will become unresponsive.
After a minute or two, the computer just shuts down without any indication or sound.
Hell, it even happened while i was writing this question. Had to start all over again.

This might be a hardware issue, but the timing of it beginning to happen precisely after I fixed the admin issue leads me to believe that its a windows issue, and not the computer itself.

My computer isn't overheating, there's plenty of memory left, and while it is fairly old, it still works decently.

I don't see a way it could be a hardware problem, and again, the timing of these crashes being so aligned with the fix is giving me suspicions that windows is to blame.

I would attempt to undo the fix to test it, but it wont let me remove admin from myself, presumably because otherwise the computer would have no admins. If i change my user group, it tells me it needs me to sign in again, but when i do, im right back to being an admin. So that's not really something i can actually test.

Either way, If anyone knows anything about this, I'd appreciate it."

Since then, i've actually opened up my computer and replaced the thermal paste. The temperature seems to have gone down, and yet the crashes are still happening.

Like i said before, its pretty much random. There's no rhyme or reason for it, the computer just decides to stop functioning whenever it feels like it.

I really don't think its a hardware issue, as while my computer is fairly old, none of the parts are in bad condition, its not overheating, and the crash issue started precisely the day i fixed the admin issue, when it had NEVER happened before.

Any and all help is appreciated. I don't need a permanent fix, as I'm planning to get a new computer in a few months, but i DO need this one to last until then.

Continue reading...