• Start date Start date
D

DizzyWolfx

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X processor

Gigabyte X 570 GamingX motherboard

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 8GB ram x2

Hello! So I'm having an issue with my pc freezing (not blue screening) and requiring me to do a hard reset to fix it.

If it was making a sound at the time of freezing (ie, playing a video) it repeats it and makes this horrible buzzing noise (noise definitely not coming from the hardware, would play through headset if I have one plugged in at the time)

I recently purchases a new processor, motherboard, and ram so I'm not sure if it could be this causing it.

I installed the new hardware with no issues and did a fresh install of windows 10 on my ssd, runs super well and fast, until it doesn't.

I've made sure that all drivers are as up to date as they can be, drivers right off the manufacturer websites, I ran a check disc and came back with no errors, ran a memory diagnostic, also no errors, and for good measure tested each stick by itself in all of the different slots, no difference.

Temps are within acceptable levels even when gaming so I don't think it's overheating. It also seems to freeze most when its idle or playing a youtube video, but has frozen at other times as well. Because its just freezing and forcing me to hard reset, it doesn't log anything in the event viewer except a power failure.

Another thing I noticed was that, when I had my pc laying on its side while I was testing all the ram, it seemed to freeze a lot less, so that made me think that something just wasn't seated properly, so I took everything out and put it all back in and made sure they were all seated very securely, but that doesn't seem to have changed anything.

Being that I have a new cpu and mobo, I would imagine it's quite possibly one of these causing the issue? but i don't know how to test for that (I could put the cpu under a heavy load and it may crash but that doesn't mean the cpu is the issue, and also it isn't crashing under heavy load anyways) and I have no idea how to test a motherboard at all. I don't have any spare parts to swat out unfortunately so I can't test them separately. It can also take a day for it to freeze again so it's hard to test something right away if that makes sense.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Continue reading...