Windows 10 Connecting to certain websites causes my Wi-fi connection to crash

• Thread starter Thread starter George_Grd
  • Start date Start date
G

George_Grd

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you has experienced this issue. When I try to access some websites while connected to my WiFi network, I get suddenly disconnected from the internet after a few seconds (the page partially loads then stops). If I want to access other websites at this time I get the "No internet connection" or "DNS server took too long to respond" errors. This happens both with Chrome and Edge. If turn my wifi on and off, the internet connection is restored but the problem occurs again if I access the same website. One page that causes this is www.asics.com. If I connect a LAN cable to my laptop, this does not happen anymore. Also, internet works perfectly on other devices in the same wifi network and they can access the same website without any issues. So it's probably not an issue with my wifi router or ISP.

I updated my wi-fi card drivers and the problem still persists. I turned off all extensions in chrome or edge and it's still the same. I thought it was an issue with my wi-fi card so I bought a wifi USB Dongle (AC53 nano from ASUS) but it's the same problem so I'm thinking it's more of a software issue instead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

Continue reading...

Back