Windows 10 Consistent, seemingly random BSOD's and crashes on Windows 10.

• Thread starter Thread starter TylerMiller479
  • Start date Start date
T

TylerMiller479

Hey all, I hope you're doing well.

So I've been having this issue with my computer for a few years now, but I've never quite been able to track it down. To give a quick rundown, I'll be watching Youtube, or playing a game, and all of a sudden my computer crashes in one of three ways. I've listed these below:

-The system just freezes entirely, forcing me to hard reset (Most common)

-I get a BSOD

-The computer just restarts itself

The crashes tend to happen while the computer is under some sort of load, such as watching Youtube or playing a game. While it has happened, it's very uncommon for it to freeze while it's sitting idle.

I've tried tracking down the problem via Windows' crash dumps, but they're never really super consistent. For instance, one day I'll get the error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", then the next I'll get "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP".

I've spoken with a few people, posted on a few forums, but have never really gotten this situation sorted out. My hardware seems fine; nothing seems incorrect, or loose, though I feel it is important to mention that I have gotten crashes when something heavy falls on it. It's rare for it to crash in this case, but it has happened once or twice. I will restate, though, that I have looked at the hardware thoroughly, and everything seems fine. This problem has been happening since I bought this computer new in 2016/2017.

I'm more curious than anything; I've looked at temps, run CHKDSK, along with a large number of other troubleshooting methods, but nothing seems to work. I'll leave the crash dumps below for anyone looking to help. Some are more recent (About one months' worth), and some are a tad bit older (From 2017/2019).

Thanks a bunch!

*Ok, so while I was getting all the data for this post, I realized that Task Manager says that the base clock of my CPU is 3.20 GHz, but the speed is set to 3.30 GHz, though I never overclocked it. It is a prebuilt machine, so perhaps they overclocked it in house? I'll leave screenshots below. I performed a 5 minute stress test on it without any problems; no bluescreen or crashes. I can't find out how to underclock, so unfortunately I am unable to test this for sure.

Images can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/s2M5NKX

[Specs]

Intel Core-i5 6500 at 3.2 GHz

Nvidia GTX 950

16 Gb DDR4 RAM

1Tb SSD, 2TB HDD

Windows 10 64-Bit

New Dmp's: AllDumps.zip
Old DMP's: OldDumps.zip

Continue reading...