Windows 10 Constant BSOD after October updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Pellamore
  • Start date Start date
P

Pellamore

I am getting constant BSOD since turning my computer back on after the Thanksgiving Weekend. My computer was crashing infrequently before this (just since end of September/beginning of October, it's a new install since May and I've had no issues up til now), so I made sure to install the most recent updates, and now it's practically unusable. I've made no major changes except for the updates. All the hardware is the same I've always been using. I've been getting a succession of error codes. I'd love to link my dump file, but my computer keeps crashing before I can access it. The codes I've been getting are a combination of

• System Service Exception (this one seems to be the most frequent)
  • Kernel security check failure
  • Kmode exception not handled (I got this one a lot at first but then it seems to have been largely replaced by the first two)
  • Attempted write to readonly memory
  • Timer or dpc invalid (This is the last one I got before I quit for the night)

Here are the actions I have taken

• Uninstalled the updates (and paused system update)
  • Uninstalled third party antivirus software (Norton and Avast)
  • Run windows security scan (came back clean)
  • run sfc/scannow (came back clean)
  • disabled fast boot
  • disabled all programs that had been set to autorun, like discord and steam

I also ran a driver verifier and the drivers lvuvc64.sys and fltmgr.sys pinged back. The former appears to be connected to my webcam, a logitech c270. Disabling it prompted the latter driver error.

I was attempting to run a malwarebytes scan when the Timer or DPC Invalid error was given.

In conclusion, I am fully aware that posting a dump file or at least the system specs will likely be necessary, however I'm posting this from my phone at 1:30 in the morning in frustration and don't have access to that information. I'm hopeful that this post will do as a start, and hopefully I'll be able to snag any further required information before my computer crashes on me again tomorrow.

Continue reading...