Windows 10 Constant BSOD with different error messages even after doing a System Reset

• Thread starter Thread starter Covedrim.
  • Start date Start date
C

Covedrim.

Hi all.

I have been suffering from several BSODs for over a year in my laptop. The error message keeps changing, and sometimes I can get 3 or 4 blue screens a day. A few weeks back I did a system reset hoping it would fix these errors, but they keep happening. (I already asked this question but no one answered and I really need to fix this)

They mostly happen while I'm playing games, and some games seem more prone to errors than others. There are some games I can't even play, and others I can play with zero problems. One thing that's always common is that BSODs are almost guaranteed during games intro cinematic / videos or in certain game menus (i.e Cities Skylines or Civilization V game menus always make my PC crash after a certain amount of time).

The BSODs can also happen at random while I'm watching a video, reading a PDF or just simply doing anything. It's 15:30 P.M and I already had two BSOD, one while reading a PDF and other while I was playing a game. Sometimes the screen glitches for a few seconds, with some horizontal bars twitching across the screen. Sometimes the graphical glitches persist even during the BSOD.

Every time I get a crash, after the PC finishes gathering crash data and it reboots, it sends me to Windows Repair, and it never fixes anything. Many times it says it's a Kernel error and that I should repair Windows with an external copy. If I force shutdown keeping the power button on, It starts without problems.

I have several dumps in the minidump folder, and using WhoCrashed gives me this:

On Wed 19-02-2020 15:15:34 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021920-36656-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (0xFFFFF8079F808719)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFC38E50CCE0E0, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8079F808719, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 19-02-2020 15:15:34 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (0xFFFFF8079F808719)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFC38E50CCE0E0, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8079F808719, 0x2)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 19-02-2020 13:13:09 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021920-35984-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C1510)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFDD8FA00FA30C, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8014D263470, 0x2)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 18-02-2020 2:03:13 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021820-37906-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: mfehidk.sys (0xFFFFF8022BC8E2B0)
Bugcheck code: 0x135 (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF301BC49EE00, 0xFFFFF8022BC8E2B0, 0xFFFFCD86D798F7F0)
Error: REGISTRY_FILTER_DRIVER_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mfehidk.sys
product: SYSCORE
company: McAfee, LLC
description: McAfee Link Driver
Bug check description: This bugcheck is caused by an unhandled exception in a registry filtering driver.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: mfehidk.sys (McAfee Link Driver, McAfee, LLC).
Google query: mfehidk.sys McAfee, LLC REGISTRY_FILTER_DRIVER_EXCEPTION

On Sat 15-02-2020 1:55:25 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021520-37359-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (0xFFFFF80260029A74)
Bugcheck code: 0xBE (0xFFFFF80260029A74, 0x89000003742EF021, 0xFFFFF90B81DC9F90, 0xB)
Error: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
description: NT File System Driver
Bug check description: This is issued if a driver attempts to write to a read-only memory segment.
The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Wed 12-02-2020 17:23:43 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021220-40109-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C14E0)
Bugcheck code: 0x18 (0xFFFF9E84CD0E4220, 0xFFFF9E84F189F0B0, 0x1, 0x10)
Error: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that the reference count of an object is illegal for the current state of the object.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I would really appreciate any help, I can't use my PC in peace anymore.

Continue reading...