Windows 10 Continuous Print Queue issue

• Thread starter Thread starter NMR_1
  • Start date Start date
N

NMR_1

Hopefully there is a permanent fix for this!

I print on a regular basis each day and every time I select to print a document it states 'deleting' in the print queue and nothing prints.

If I select the same document to print again, it just sits in the queue waiting for the earlier document to delete.

Selecting Cancel options in the print queue provide no response.

I have tried the following:

1) Control Panel - Devices & printers - right click on my printer, Properties, Troubleshoot

This usually (but not always) clears the 'deleting' document and allows me to print the second document.

However, if in an hour I want to print another document, I am back to the original problem again

2) Services - Print Spooler - right click, Stop Service

I then clear the entries under System32\Spool\Printers

Restart the Print Spooler in Services

This clears the print queue and the next document I want to print does print successfully

However, if I then try to print a second document, the first one is still in the queue showing as 'deleting'

As a result I cannot print again and need to go through the same process, just to get my print out

3) As I have a HP wireless printer, I have used HP Print & Scan Doctor

This also clears the print queue and, as above, the first document prints fine, but the second does not print as the first is still 'deleting'

4) I have uninstalled and re-installed the printer drivers, with no effect

Everything I have found through searching the web provides a 'short-term' fix, i.e. allows me to get one print out,

nothing seems to provide an actual fix to the underlying problem.

Should also point out that Windows updates are up-to-date as are printer drivers

Using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on an x64 i3-9100 processor

HP officejet 4634 wireless printer

Continue reading...

Back