Windows 10 CORRECT Language Settings for English Canada on Windows 10. Here's how:

• Thread starter Thread starter NattyWin10
  • Start date Start date
N

NattyWin10

I have had enough frustration caused by Microsoft when it comes to setting up my device and using English Canada for spellings.

One thing I do not understand is that, why offer English Canada and set it as machine's default web and apps language when in fact the Windows Store does not offer any English Canada apps; except for a few Samsung ones. Photo #2; as you can see apps are either offered in English United States or English United Kingdom.

So, when you set up your device on Welcome Page, and select that you're from Canada--Windows will set English Canada on the top; and when you click default Apps and Websites language it will point to English Canada. That's wrong!

I set my device like that, but experienced issues with apps, Windows Security not showing status correctly, so I deleted English Canada completely; used the device with just English United States; but removed the check from 'Auto Correct' my spellings, since I used English Canada for spellcheck.

Later, I decided let's add English Canada back, and let it stay at the bottom--since main Windows Display Language is English United States, so let the apps also be in English United States--I just wanted English Canada for spellcheck. Now, everything is working perfectly. Every app is functioning smooth and the live tiles are updating.

[COLOR=rgba(215, 57, 0, 1)]DO NOT install English Canada language pack, and set it as your Display Language! [/COLOR]That will add 'English United Kingdom' into your language packs in Windows Store--and it will mess up your whole PC! I have gone through that frustration quite many times!

Dear Microsoft, please stop offering WINDOWS 10 ISO on regional websites when indeed there's no English Canada for either display or apps. Why not make things simple and let users select either English United States or English United Kingdom. We can then set our keyboard language later once we are out of welcome screen.

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back