Windows 10 Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\\pid.dll; source file in store is also corrupted

• Thread starter Thread starter Johnny#5
  • Start date Start date
J

Johnny#5

Hi. The title is an excerpt from the CBS.log created system file check failed to repair corrupt files. There is more to the log file, but the corruption error repeats many times and seems to be indicative of the failure.

Below is a screenshot the cmd.exe feedback after sfc /scannow *immediately after a full system reset* under the recovery options displayed after selecting "Reset" from power menu on the logon screen while holding the shift key:

I am completely confused. Why are there corrupt files immediately after a reset / re-installation? How is the pid.dll store file corrupted as well - did I get a bad installation medium? What can I do to correct this?

I've posted about this before and the first response told me to run sfc / scannow. I'm not sure if the person responding simply did not read my post, or didn't care, but I am trying again. PLEASE do not respond to this post telling me to do the thing I just did which raises the question that is the subject of this post. It' like I'm saying "help, I can't do x" and the response is "okay first just do x and tell me what happens."

Again, my questions are:

1. Why does sfc /scannow find and fail to repair corrupt files immediately after a reset / re-installation?

2. How is the pid.dll store file also corrupted - did I get a bad installation medium?

3. What can I do to correct this?

I shall pessimistically await a competent response.

Thanks

J

Continue reading...

Back