Windows 10 Counterfeit Windows 10 USB

• Thread starter Thread starter Joe_220
  • Start date Start date
J

Joe_220

I have just purchased Windows 10 Home from amazon. I was a little skeptical because as soon as I ordered it I started receiving password phishing emails from amazon.in and the seller is in india.

The product looks perfect in every way except the hologram that is supposed to be embedded in the blue plastic of the usb was a stuck on label and not actually part of the usb. That makes this a counterfeit product correct?

Even with all this in mind ( fake product and phishing emails after contact) amazons response has been to message the seller and the sellers response is so you want to send it back for a refund essentially sending the evidence back to the person responsible for running the scam with no questions asked or followup.

I mean is it just me or should this be looked into further? amazon are supposed to be an authorized dealership? I mean obviously this is worst case scenario but what if they are changing things with the install as well. They could essential be installing anything they want through this and nothing would ever pick it up because it would be installed with the operating system.

what do I do in this situation? when i called Microsoft they told me just to go deal with the person i brought it from.

Continue reading...

Back