Windows 10 Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Stuck in automatic repair menu.

• Thread starter Thread starter AlecO.
  • Start date Start date
A

AlecO.

I was playing some games last night and suddenly had BSOD out of nowhere. I was doing nothing different, now the computer is stuck in BSOD loop. I have tried many things, but none work

Startup repair - FAIL

Startup settings and booting in safe mode - FAIL

Uninstall updates - FAIL

System Restore - FAIL

Edit: I tried to do a system restore via a boot drive USB, and it tells me that I need to be on the drive I want to restore. But when I boot into SSD, I can't choose my C drive to restore. Tells me something about how I "Must Enable System Protection on this Drive" Don't know what that means or how to do that.

using boot usb and doing system repair that way - FAIL

attempted to chkdsk /r - FAIL

Reset computer saving files or not saving them - FAIL

I cannot access the OS, so please don't tell me to use my task bar, or do Windows+X key or anything like that. It doesn't work. That seems to be everyones first answer. I get it. But don't say it, I am tired of it.

Nothing is working, and I can't even access the logs to figure out what happened, because I cannot get past the system recovery options screen. If I click priceed to windows, it gives me another BSOD. I get one at every single bootup. My last options seem to be wiping the computer, or reinstalling windows over the previous one. But i don't want to looke any of my files. And I would like to not have to go buy and external hard-drive and use the robocopy comand in cmd. I would like to just use my computer again. I had 0 problems up until the crash. No warnings or precursors. My computer was flawless for almost 2 years straight. Then, suddenly, dead. I had so many windows updates recently, i almost wish I didn't do them. Because I know that has to be what caused this. I have changed nothing but doing updates when I shut down my computer at night. Please help. I have been at this for hours and don't really have the money for a repair shop for a few months. I use my computer daily, and work from home. So, its kind of important to get it up and running asap

P.S. : I followed nearly all steps on this thread to no avail... The last was to robo copy. I am hoping to find an alternative.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/critical-process-died-no-restore-point-unable-to/99a81afc-cb4a-488f-b594-168e0bcccb6e

Continue reading...