Windows 10 D recovery partition full other issues as well

• Thread starter Thread starter gbzombie1986
  • Start date Start date
G

gbzombie1986

Had dealt with an issue where duplicate files kept popping up on my windows 10, my administrator had become user and administrator and my other account lost its during an update. So I fixed that and I did a system factory restore, I remember it saying it was going to save a backup incase it failed. Well I chose an existing Microsoft account and I will ask later why that ones been blocked. Bit locker had been off due to that I think. I logged onto my proper account made it administrator. found the repair button somewhere for bit locker. It turned it on. when I was investigating drivers these shadow copies on device manager I have 1 transparent one no real ones, also storage volumes 1 is transparent and 5 are there. I don't know why theres 5 but better then losing them I guess. So I went to create a backup and or clean shadow copies found my D drive partition was full. 16. gigs couldn't start backup because it was on same disk as im using. I read a thread, how to hide drive D im not trying to delete anything off it someone said its safer to be full then mess with, even though I changed view to show hidden files and show empty drives and then math never added up to 15gigs of space being used, is this correct before I hide drive D. im afraid partitions also were mixed up during that time my admin account was messed up before the factory restore.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home (going to try to get pro back when updates finish)
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-RHQMJM4
System Manufacturer HP
System Model HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-cd0xxx
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 4BV71UA#ABA
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.34, 4/29/2019
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 72.23
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer HP
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17134.1"
User Name DESKTOP-RHQMJM4\Joe Underwood
Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.84 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.56 GB
Total Virtual Memory 9.71 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.60 GB
Page File Space 1.88 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes (was using bluestacks before factory restore)
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

on command prompt

DISKPART> list volume

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info
---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------
Volume 0 C WINDOWS NTFS Partition 449 GB Healthy Boot
Volume 1 Windows RE NTFS Partition 980 MB Healthy
Volume 2 D RECOVERY NTFS Partition 15 GB Healthy
Volume 3 FAT32 Partition 260 MB Healthy System

I can only run sfc /scannow on the one that's not x64 a resource error, just ran it now on the regular one it said.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

soo was hoping that a system restore would have cleared me back to day 1, and no errors. Had messed with registry to. I shut off cortana edge (was using 10million times more of my pc then the 2nd most used thing fishing planet online game and It used a lot. disabled windows defender real time scan as well in registry, I just didn't want to lag in game. if that contributed to any of these problems. I haven't touched anything in registry since restore this time. if registry went back 100% to normal. edge defender cortana are running fine. Sorry such long post. im going to try the online dhcf or how its named image restore on command prompt now. and also read the error log of sfc scannow thanks a bunch for this community help site, I know Ill help on things, if im only 99% sure I wont recommend answers to it. 100% only

Continue reading...

Back