Windows 10 Deleted what I thought was an already deleted user, now I can't log in or get into winRE to wipe my computer.

• Thread starter Thread starter BlueBox812
  • Start date Start date
B

BlueBox812

I got my laptop repaired a few months ago, so I switched my laptop to use a local account instead of my microsoft account just before i sent it over to them. When I got it back, I switched it back to use my Microsoft account. Flash forward to today, I noticed the user file for the account wasn't deleted, so I went into powershell and typed net user "user" /delete. Then I tried to open file explorer to check if the folder was gone, but it wouldn't let me enter the program. It said something about the user id not matching, so I restarted my pc. Then it wouldn't let me log in with my fingerprint, so I typed in my pin which didn't work and so I tried my password. That didn't work either, so I restarted my computer again, but this time i held shift to go to the recovery environment and started windows in safe mode. In safe mode, I couldn't access the start menu, file explorer or settings. There were no error messages. I restarted my computer again but this time the account at the login screen is "Administrator" (it was my normal account before). There is nowhere to enter a password or a pin and it there is a "sign in" button. When clicked, it says "your account has been disabled. Please see your administrator". At this point, I just wanted to completely reset the system. So, I held shift and clicked restart to go to the recovery environment but it didn't show up. There was a blue screen for a split second but that was it, it proceeded to restart like normal. I tried this a few times and then i powered my laptop on and off three times consecutively multiple times. No recovery environment. This is where I am now. I just want a way to reset my pc, my important files are backed up to onedrive so keeping my files is not a top priority. Please help, I really need this computer up and running ASAP.

Continue reading...

Back