Windows 10 DELL XPS-13 9365: BIOS updates not installing - Bluetooth not recognized - Touchscreen not recognized (Help!)

• Thread starter Thread starter EduardoM_XPS-13-9365
  • Start date Start date
E

EduardoM_XPS-13-9365

Hello,

I have a Dell XPS 13 9365 Two-in-One machine. It runs on Windows 10 version 1909 (OS build 18363.900).

This system comes originally with touchscreen and bluetooth enable. They were both working without any issues until the last few Windows updates.

BLUETOOTH

First, the bluetooth mouse stopped working and I thought the mouse was the issue and after trouble shooting it several times, changinf batteries, etc., I decided to no longer use it, returning to the touchpad device included in my system. A few weeks later I tried to use bluetooth speakers and they did not work.

I have tried everything I could to figure this out, researching online in forums, websites, etc. However, I was not able to find any answers that could resolve the problem. I ended up calling Dell and scheduled a Dell technician to assist with the issue (paid service, as my machine is no longer under the Dell warranty). The Dell service, to say the least, was horrible and they were not able to provide any solutions. I continue to have a machine without bluetooth. I know it is a software issue, as one of my attempts to make it work, I was able to activate bluetooth, but one of the two Dell technicians working remotely on my machine recovery the computer several times. I can no longer find how I was able to activate the bluetooth, but I know I found a driver that worked and it was on for at least until the Dell technician recovery the system.

TOUCHSCREEN

The touchscreen is another nightmare. I have researched as much as the bluetooth and have also included in the Dell service request, to no avail.

I have troubleshooted and I figured out the function is not even available in the new Windows 10 updated OS. I went to "Turn Windows features on or off" and the touchscreen option is not even listed. BTW - I did not see anything related to bluetooth either.

At the moment, my machine does not recognize bluetooth or touchscreen and I have exhausted all my resources to try to find a solution. I am appealing to Microsoft and this Forum to find a solution. Please keep in mind that I have already run all troubleshooting features and tried several turn on/off features in several parts of the OS (device manager, regedit, turn windows features on or off, etc.).

BIOS UPDATES NOT INSTALLED

One import observation is that I have updated all drivers in the "DELL Support Assist" app, but the only file that does not allow me to install is "Dell XPS 13 9365 2-in-1 System BIOS". No issues or errors are reported after the reboot. If I try to look for updates again, this one comes back again and ask to be installed. I have looked at the BIOS version and it is still showing the previous version. I am not sure this is the source of all issues, or maybe the solution.

I was wondering about the BIOS updates and researched what is installed to my machine, which is the version 2.6.2, created on Sep/11/2019. However, there has been two more versions after that, until the most recent version 2.11.0 on Jun/16/2020. Apparently, my system has been ignoring these updates (you tell me if I am wrong!). I tried to install anything after 2.6.2 and it ends up the same way, it does update anything. I verified the system to ensure it is allowing for updates in the >Control Panel > System > Advance System Settings > Hardware tab > Device Installation Settings - and the automatic downloads from manufactures is set to "YES (Recommended)".

Version (These are hyperlinks to download the BIOS files from DELL Support Assist)

2.11.0 16 Jun 2020
2.10.0 28 Nov 2019
2.9.0 11 Sep 2019
2.6.2 24 Apr 2019
2.4.1 11 Jan 2019
2.3.1 27 Nov 2018

2.2.026 Oct 2018

Your help is greatly appreciated and I hope that someone smarter than me can assist in finding a solution to this problems (I am sure the solution will be something simple and easy to install, I just do not know what yet). Please help!

Continue reading...

Back