Windows 10 Dell XPS 13 Won't boot from recovery drive.

• Thread starter Thread starter BBTIV
  • Start date Start date
B

BBTIV

My XPS 13 was stuck on the Dell icon when booting up. So I downloaded the recovery software on another laptop and made a boot drive using Dell's recovery software. I went in and disable secure boot mode and then selected the USB as the boot drive. Now it started up from the usb drive, I believe, as I now get the blue windows logo on the screen instead oft he Dell logo. But still, now it just gets stuck on the blue windows logo with the dots underneath circling forever. It's been about 15 minutes now so I don't expect this to work.

Any other options to try and get the laptop on and restore Windows? Is there another bootable drive software that might work other than Dell's?

Additionally: I do have the original SSD that came with the XPS. So I guess I could put that back in and try from there. But I do have some photos and files on this hard drive so I'd love to get this working if possible. Question, if I pull out the currently installed SSD and put it in an enclosure, can I then get the files off it or is that not possible to do because of the formatting or something?

Thank you

Continue reading...