Windows 10 Desktop Freezes After Watching Videos Online

• Thread starter Thread starter ElmerFigueroa
  • Start date Start date
E

ElmerFigueroa

Hello, I've been having this problem where after a while of watching videos online ( Hulu, youtube, Netflix, etc) my desktop starts to slow down then freezes. It doesn't allow me to close down the tab (google chrome) or open new tabs. There are times where I am able to close google chrome, but I can still see google chrome on the taskbar as if it were open. If I were to increase the volume, the volume meter would not go away and stay with a more transparent look.

I'm not sure if freezing is the correct term because I can still open the windows menu, but I cannot shut it down or restart. It allows me to sign out but it stays stuck on a loading screen. The mouse can still be moved.

The computer itself does not make any sort of sound and appears to just be idle.

Note:

1) I have checked if windows has any corrupt files with "PowerShell sfc /scannow" and no corrupt files were found.

2) I have also done a full system restart (delete personal files as well), in which I had to reinstall my Nvidia drivers and the problem still persisted after a day.

3) I bought this machine prebuilt from NZXT ( don't know if this is worth mentioning but I don't want to leave anything out)

4) I have also used a datavac to blow out any dust just in case it was a heating problem.

System Specs: Windows 10 Home

CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

GPU- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super

Motherboard- MSI B450 Tomahawk

Ram- TForce UDR 3000 DDR4 (x2 8GB)

Storage- SSD Intel 660p 1TB

Powe- Seasonic S12III 650W Bronze

Continue reading...

Back