Windows 10 Desktop icon text / font and text / font on self-typed pdf, docx, png, etc files in folders.

• Thread starter Thread starter TedN91740
  • Start date Start date
T

TedN91740

Hi Microsoft

A couple of weeks ago I was moving folders around my desktop. With nothing open other than my Hotmail and the folders opened, I slide a folder to the side. That displayed a section of the desktop and suddenly the text / font of all of the icons on my 40” TV desktop changed. The icons text / font seemed to have a black outline around the white text / font. The desktop text / font became very bright so I turned down the brightness of the 40” TV.

I am on a deadline for the work that I am doing so I spent only a short time trying to “Google” an answer.

The only answers I got were years old and not for my 1909 version or 18363.900 build. I gave up and returned to the work I needed to do.

I don’t know a resource for information of where Microsoft has moved the buttons and bars for every update I get. You keep moving things around and I for one think you should describe (in detail) what you moved or changed and where it is now.

A couple of days later I was looking at hundreds of self-labeled pdf files in a “general” folder and I noticed that the text / Font was different. I could barely see the M, V, W, and E characters. At first I thought I was tired due to the hours I had been putting in. So I quit early one evening and went to bed early.

I woke up the next day refreshed and my eyesight seemed to be improved all around except for reading the pdf file labels in the folders. That made me look closer and I realized that the text / font had changed.

I don’t have the days, weeks, and months, to try and figure out where the appropriate buttons are in this version and build and experiment with them.

So how can I restore my default text / font that I used to be able read very well without doing a system restore. Too many files would change. I can’t be sure I could move them all.

One of the answers I googled said I had to go into the registry to change font. Not something I want to bet on with all this work I have.

BTW, the desktop icon text / font restored itself after about 4 days. I turned the PC on and presto - - the text was back to normal. I have been waiting for about two weeks for the text / font in folders to be restored but no such luck.

I have my Notepad font set for Aerial 14 and bold. My MS word default font is set to Regular Aerial, and 14. I require a font that is easy to read. I happened upon Aerial because, you know, it started with A. It seems ok but as I looked at the personalization section and “Fonts” I realize that Windows 10 uses something else. So where is the default “Font” setting? What is the default font? Is there another “Font” that is easier to read?

The way you have set up “Background” and “Colors”, and “Taskbar”, and Themes only you can understand it.

I used to very good in XP and Windows 7 but 10? Blink and you’ve changed it.

Two updates ago my PC had a rough time starting up. It would freeze up trying to start. After it froze up I would push the “Reset” button on my computer case as everything else was frozen. That went on for about a week. Then one day the PC started normally and I haven’t had another problem with startup.

So Windows 10 does fix itself I’m happy to note. I don’t think my text / font problem will.

Continue reading...

Back